System Center Orchestrator 2012 has built-in integration pack that can encrypt or decrypt file by using PGP. Thanks to the free software from GnuPG or so called GPG that provides awesome tool for free and can replace PGP. In Orchestrator Activities pane, inside File Management group, there is icon of PGP Encrypt File and PGP Decrypt File. Although, there is instruction on Microsoft TechNet but it is difficult to follow.
In this part, I would like to show the general idea how to put GPG files, key and parameter to work with Orchestrator. Hope, this could safe you from file missing problem. Enjoy running Orchestrator !!!
1. It is assume you have download and install GPG4Win-light-2.1.0.exe (http://files.gpg4win.org/gpg4win-light-2.1.0.exe) and have the keyring created by GNUPG (in my test I use GNUPG ftp://ftp.pgpi.org/pub/pgp/gnupg/gnupg-w32cli-1.2.2.zip). (Don’t worry about two tools)
2. You have System Center Orchestrator 2012 installed
Note. When finish the GPG setup in Orchestrator , you can uninstall GPG4Win but keep GNUPG for keyring management
PGP Encrypt Step
1. Copy file gpg.exe and iconv.dll from GPG4Win software folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Extensions\Support\Encryption
2. Copy files in below from GPG4Win software folder to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Orchestrator\Extensions\Support
3. In Orchestrator, it is assumed the secret key is stored in c:\gnupg_rcvusr. In below picture, you send file to receiver name chaba_ok