All group members should follow
Throughout each interaction:
- Be friendly and welcoming
- Listen with purpose and create space for others’ communication preferences.
- Ask yourself how you can make someone life easier.
- Be patient
- Remember that people have varying communication styles and preferences.
- Recognize that not everyone is using their native language. Meaning and tone can be lost in translation.
- Be thoughtful
- Think about how others will interpret your words. Aim for clear and productive communication.
- Remember that sometimes it is best to refrain from commenting.
- Be respectful and inclusive
- Respect differences of opinion.
- Seek to understand and build bridges, not condemn or criticize.
- Make a conscious effort to include people who differ from you.
- Be open and curious
- Assume good intent and interpret others’ statements or questions in good faith.
- Ask questions to understand, not denounce.
- Focus on continuous learning. Improve upon the things you already know, tackle new things, and ask others about their expertise to deepen your own knowledge.